30 June 2013

SHINY SURFACES

This is the last exercise before the assignments. Its been interesting so far and I believe what i have learnt will take me to the next level. For this exercise, we are to work with objects that reflect brightly. The idea is to see how it is working with such highly refelective surfaces and what can be done to minimize the unwanted effects.
I got some tracing paper, tape and a scissors for this exercise. I also had to browse through other students blogs to see their set-ups as the instruction in my manual did not seem clear enough. Its my recommendation that some of the instructions in subsequent manuals be backed up with pictures for ease of set-up.

I took a few pictures to show the difference a diffuser would make on highly reflective surfaces.

Image 1:Taken without diffuser. ISO 1250,105mm,f/11,1/6s
Image 2: With tracing paper ISO 1250,105MM,F/11,1/8s



Image 3: With Light at a different position, ISO 1250,105mm,f/11, 1/8s

Image 4: With Light at another position, ISO 1250,105mm,f/11, 1/8s




CONCLUSIONS
I have seen from this experiment that there was some difficulty loosing the reflection of the camera lens completely. I tried shooting from different angles and distances and got different results. It was not a verY perfect exercise but i perfectly understand that shiny surfaces present a unique problem when photographing them and something has to be placed in front of the object to absorb the reflection.













No comments:

Post a Comment